Want to save money, but don’t want to stop dining out either? I get it.
There are many personal finance “experts” out there that will tell you when you’re on a budget you should stop eating out.
Well, I’m going to go against the grain here because you can still eat at nice restaurants and save money at the same time!
All you have to do is get good at knowing when it’s the best time to eat out for YOUR budget—that means choosing when and where you eat out more wisely.
And the good news is, there’s plenty of restaurants where kids eat for FREE! This is how our family enjoys eating out at a fraction of the cost.
So today, I’m sharing a round-up of places that offer free kids meals depending on the time and day of the week.
- How To Be A Stay At Home Mom On One Income
- 18 Simple Money Saving Hacks That Saved Us Thousands
- 10 Best Frugal Living Tips That Save You More Money
- 29 Fun Things To Do With Your Family Without Spending Money
15 Popular Restaurants Where Kids Eat For Free
Denny’s is a casual dining chain dishing up classic American comfort fare, including all-day breakfast favorites. Your kids will love having breakfast for dinner here!
Time: between 4-10pm
2. Ruby Tuesday
Ruby Tuesday’s serves up American cuisine like chicken, ribs, hamburgers, pasta, soups, steak, and seafood. They offer free kids meals with the purchase of an adult entree.
Time: 5pm to close
Applebee’s focuses on bringing your family casual dining at affordable prices. But each Applebee’s franchise offers different discounts—some offer a free kids meal with the purchase of an adult entree, while others offer kid menu items for under $2. So it’s best to check your neighborhood Applebee’s for details.
Known for its signature pancakes, IHOP offers kids-eat-free deals every day! But the offer is available at different times for different locations, so be sure to check with your local IHOP ahead of time.
Time: from 4-9pm
Get one free kid’s meal with the purchase of an adult entree, all day every day! But your kids have to be 10 or younger to qualify for this promo.
For every $9 you spend at Steak ‘n Shake, you qualify for one free kid’s meal! This is perfect if you’re eating out on the weekends.
Bennigans is an Irish-pub themed restaurant serving up hamburgers and gourmet sandwiches. Kids eat free every Tuesday with the purchase of an adult entree! But they need to be 12 or younger to qualify for the promo.
Time: after 4pm
8. Bob Evans
Bob Evans serves homestyle comfort food your whole family will love. It’s one of our favorites! Kids eat free every Tuesday night.
Time: after 4pm
9. TGI Fridays
TGI Fridays serve a wide variety of American fare. Kids eat free every Tuesday at participating locations!
Time: from 3-9pm
10. Skyline Chili
Craving a coney dog? Skyline Chili will feed your little ones under 4 for free on Monday nights!
Time: from 4-9pm
11. Red Robin
Enjoy delicious burgers and all-you-can-eat signature steak fries! Kids eat free on Mondays, but they must be 10 or younger to qualify for this promo.
Time: all day
Chili’s is a family-friendly restaurant famous for their Baby Back Ribs. When you buy one adult entree, you get one kid’s entree for free!
Time: all day
13. Pizza Hut
Pizza, anyone? When you buy an adult buffet, your kids 10 and younger eat for free! Check your local Pizza Hut for cheap unlimited buffets too!
14. Firehouse Subs
Firehouse Subs serves a delicious variety of hot gourmet sub sandwiches. When you purchase an adult meal, you can get two free kids meals!
Moe’s serves up authentic Mexican flavors—from queso to burritos, bowls, & more. And they have a menu just for kids! Order an adult entree and get one free kid’s meal!
Time: from 4pm to close
More Money-Saving Tips
If you’re new to my blog, I’m all about helping you cut your budget + grow your income! Here are some more things you should do to save extra money:
- Use the Ibotta App to save money on groceries. Ibotta pays you free cash money when you upload a picture of your receipt! Read this post to see how easily it works.
- Lower your tv bill. You will LOVE getting free channels for life when you buy an HDTV Antenna (this is the exact one we have), plus use Hulu to watch your favorite live shows, entertainment, news, and sports for way less than cable – this is what we do! This post will show you how.
- Use free websites like Ebates to earn free gift cards and cash back whenever you shop online. Plus, you’ll get a FREE $10 gift card when you join!
- Learn to cook more meals at home so you can spend less on takeout. I used the $5 Meal Plan to get budget-friendly meal ideas and we were able to cut our grocery bill in half! You should give $5 Meal Plan a try, too – it’s free for 14 days!
- Negotiate any bills you have such as phone, internet, insurance, etc.
- Downsize your home to save on living expenses if you can. We did this for two years and saved almost $10,000!
- Earn easy money answering surveys (which is what I still do!) in your spare time! It will help you pay for groceries, diapers, pay down debt, and more!
Where does your family like to eat to score free kids meals?
SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS 🙂